IT organisations need to play a more strategic part in delivering business value and innovation, not just to reduce cost but also to spur revenue growth. That growth may be dependent upon the speed with which new IT-based capabilities can be delivered.
Our Self-Managed VM service empowers businesses to get on-demand flexibility and quick deployments of servers in minutes.
It enables Clients to build and control virtual machines from a number of template operating systems and a range in sizes of compute resources easily and increase / decrease performance seamlessly. Users can configure their machines to their exact requirements and can also upload their own operating systems alongside their applications.
The service includes the following: full root access to the operating system, integrated firewall, full control panel features including stop / start & reboot. Billing is simple and calculated based on the consumed or reserved resources on a per hour basis with additional items such as storage being charged per GB of usage and per GB of data transfer out at the end of each month.
The Self-Managed VM service is a VMware based cloud platform supporting virtual server instances and virtual server farms, built on vCloud Director 1.5 the service has the following key features:
- Windows or Linux Servers - you choose your desired operating system
- Self- Service Portal - you manage your servers, resource templates, private networking, firewalls, vApps and more through our portal
- Rapid access to resources - consistent, high performance and high availability of resources
- Enterprise class network capabilities - true network isolation and VPN capabilities, complemented with CISCO firewall security
- Images and Media- import your own images and media
- Configuration Flexibility - build your servers out to any processor, RAM and storage specification
The Service is ideally suited to enterprise Test and Development and Proof of Concept environments, or as a self-managed IaaS for ISVs wnating rapid access to sandpit and demonstration capabilities. We can also provide you with a smooth migration path to fully managed shared, private or hybrid cloud environments in the future.
Register here to access our Self-Managed VM Service
Find out more about our Self-Managed VM Service: