HIT Entertainment is one of the world’s leading independent children’s entertainment producers and rights owners. HIT Entertainment took the decision to migrate its server infrastructure to secure, resilient data centres, and to improve service availability in a cost-effective manner as its IT operation was becoming increasingly 24 x 7. As part of a consolidation program, its JD Edwards ERP system was also to be relocated from Dallas, US to the UK.
The contract with Attenda is for the global delivery of its outsourced data centre services. Attenda is providing a fully managed service across HIT Entertainment’s critical business applications including websites, internal server infrastructure using VMware virtualisation, messaging and VOIP applications and AS/400 JD Edwards ERP system. The Attenda service also includes a new Digital Asset Management platform for efficient distribution and management of digital assets such as clips, characters and video.
- Complete outsourced data centre solution
- Increased service availability for 24 x 7 operation
- Improved access to technical & operational expertise
- Partnership with IBM for AS/400 remote management
- Managed solution for Digital Asset Management
- Capability for future growth and flexibility in outsourced solution
"In addition to high availability IT Services, the partnership with Attenda provides us with improved access to technical and operational expertise through a managed service contract."
IT & Operations Director, HIT Entertainment