Glasgow City Council
Access Glasgow is a significant factor in providing Glasgow citizens with access to the world of technology and e-commerce and enhancing public service delivery. The key requirement was to improve the availability and security of its website and internet applications. The Council required a partner with experience in hosting internet applications to support its customer-centric model for electronic service delivery.
Glasgow City Council selected Attenda to provide hosting and management of its web applications infrastructure, based on Microsoft’s Internet Business solution using Microsoft.NET, Microsoft Content Manager Server and Microsoft Commerce Server. Attenda worked with the Council to design a robust, high performance platform with availability in excess of 99.95% and with security against unauthorised access and attack. Attenda manages and monitors the production, staging and testing environments and the solution also incorporates a managed attack detection service.
- Solution architecture using Microsoft technologies
- Improved website availability and security
- Real time security monitoring with intrusion detection
- Enhanced platform supporting electronic service delivery
- ICT staff can be focused on new applications & services
- Delivery of comprehensive set of managed services
"Attenda has specialist expertise in Microsoft technologies and a total commitment to security, backed by ISO 27001 certification."
Libby Carey, Applications Services Manager, Glasgow City Council