bmi had taken a strategic decision to leave technology management to specialist companies and as a result, most of its IT is selectively outsourced. Like other airlines, bmi has been increasingly using the web as a distribution channel for ticket sales, so it needed a hosting partner to ensure that its critical buisness applications, upon which its success depended, were always available. It wanted to work with a service provider that specialised in managing the performance of application environments.
Attenda's managed service for bmi has been extended over time to support several additional business critical applications. Since the initial contract in 2004, bmi's infrastructure has continued to evolve, incorporating virtualisation and shared SANs to improve business agility, provide a DR capability and reduce Total Cost of Ownership.
- Strong partnership with flexible pricing model
- High availability, high performance web applications
- Robust scalable solution with integral DR
- ITIL process driven approach jointly adopted for project
- Agility to flex capacity for increased volumes and capabilities
- 24 x 7 support and proactive resolution of issues
"We wanted to work with a company that was willing to work with us on the basis of giving us incremental increases in capacity as our business grew or where we needed to handle temporary ‘peaks’ in traffic."
Group IT Director, bmi